Our wonderful counselors at TISD are offering counseling services to all Tatum ISD students and staff. The District is committed to collaborating with parents to support the healthy mental, emotional, and behavioral development of its students. School Counselors are available on every campus to provide support for students who may be experiencing thoughts of suicide or self-harm. In compliance with HB2186, all District educators are provided with suicide prevention training. This training equips educators with the ability to understand warning signs of a student in crisis, how to appropriately respond and to connect the student with the school counselor. If you are concerned about your child, please contact the school counselor for support and information.
More tips about talking to Children about COVID-19
- Ten Common Tips for Surviving the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Help Stop the Stigma and Be Kind Regarding COVID-19
- Early Mental Health Prevention and Intervention
- Grief-Informed and Trauma-Informed Practices
- Positive Youth Development
- Safe, Supportive and Positive School Climates
- Substance Abuse Prevention and Intervention
- Building Skills Related to Managing Emotions, Establishing and Maintaining Positive Relationships, and Responsible Decision-Making
A food allergy is an abnormal response to a food, triggered by the body’s immune system (NIAID, 2010).
Symptoms of a food-induced allergic reaction may range from mild to severe and may become life-threatening. Reactions vary with each person and each exposure to a food allergen and the severity of
an allergic reaction is not predictable. Copied
A food allergy management plan includes:
1) Identification of students with food allergies at-risk for anaphylaxis
2) Development, communication, implementation and monitoring of food allergy action plans, emergency care plans, individualized health care plans, and/or 504 plans
3) Reducing risk of exposure within the school setting
4) Training for school staff on recognition of anaphylaxis and appropriate emergency response, and
5) Post anaphylaxis reaction-review of policy and procedures
Tatum ISD provides a Food Allergy Management Plan located on our webpage, www.tatumisd.org.
For the Complete Guidelines for the Care of Students with Food Allergies At-Risk for Anaphylaxis, please click here.