Tatum Independent School District is located in East Texas and boasts the 2nd largest school district in Rusk County. Tatum is a wonderful community that is home to grades K-12 with 1510 students on 4 campuses. The district competes athletically and academically in Conference 3A, and both the school district and community are proud supporters of the MIGHTY TATUM EAGLES!
“Every Child Matters - Every Day Counts”
“Providing a world of opportunity with a community of support”
“The mission of the Tatum Independent school district is to produce graduates, each having attained high levels of academic achievement, a respect for all people and a belief in their own ability to be successful in a rapidly changing world.”
· All children can learn
· Each person needs to feel valued and successful
· Success is an individualized concept
· Schools are the center of our community, and the community is the foundation of our schools
· We are responsible for providing a safe, secure environment for all children
· Success is driven by strong relationships, high expectations, discipline, and a sense of responsibility to oneself and others
Dear Student and Parent:
As required by state law, the board of trustees has officially adopted the Student Code of Conduct in order to promote a safe and orderly learning environment for every student.
We urge you to read this publication thoroughly and to discuss it with your family. If you have any questions about the required conduct and consequences for misconduct, we encourage you to ask for an explanation from the student's teacher or campus administrator.
The student and parent should each sign this page in the space provided, and then return the page to the student's school.
Dr. J.P. Richardson, Superintendent
To review the Student Code of Conduct document, please click the link that says Student Code of Conduct below: